As an MTA NSW Member, you’ll be part of a network of businesses trusted by consumers to offer the highest standards in the industry. The MTA brand is well respected in the community; both by consumers and the government, and businesses displaying the MTA NSW sign are instantly recognisable, trusted to deliver quality services and to abide by the MTA NSW Code of Ethics.
As an MTA NSW member, you will have a dedicated Area Manager who you can contact should you need advice on the day-to-day running of your business. Divisional Managers are also available to provide industry advice regarding your specific business issues. Whether it is about understanding the licensing requirements or helping with a customer dispute, members are able to obtain advice. Divisional Managers also conduct division meetings and information nights to update members on the latest issues in the industry.
Employment Relations Advice and Services
Our Employment Relations staff can offer advice on your employment relations issues and awards, including leave, entitlements, disciplinary and termination procedures, Work, Health and Safety management, payroll and superannuation obligations and much more. In addition, MTA NSW has a range of services to help you manage and keep track of your business, including:
The MTA’s Employment Relations Information System (ERIS) is an interactive, current and comprehensive members’ only employment relations system that caters for the retail motor industry. Subscribing members may access the information 24/7, anywhere around the world and benefit from having access to a multitude of information and functionalities that will assist in managing employment relations in the workplace.
Subscribers will also be able to access hundreds of pro-forma documents on employment information within this system on a range of matters including;
- Employee Management
- Awards and Legislation
- Industrial Relations
- Recruitment and Selection
- Termination of Employment
- Work Health and Safety (WHS)
- Workers’ Compensation
- Discrimination and Privacy
- Workplace Agreements
The Autosafe WHS Management System assists members with the conducting of audits, recording outcomes and rectifications, and a series of registers from plant maintenance to hazardous substances to assist with compliance. This system helps by sending out reminders and store records as evidence of activity.
MTA NSW offers a range of products to assist members, including:
Commonwealth Bank (CommBank)
- As an Alliance Partner of MTA, CommBank provides an exclusive member only deal for their credit and debit card merchant fees. MTA NSW Members could be eligible for preferential rates on merchant fees and terminal rental, along with access to other business products and services, including:
- Day-to-day banking including business accounts and EFTPOS terminals
- Business solutions including Business Credit Cards, Commercial Loans and Asset Finance
- Daily IQ - a free business insights tool available through online banking
- Free business financial health checks
- is the MTA NSW's very own payroll system. AutoPay is a web-based payroll system that offers subscribers the flexibility of managing their payroll, payslip's and reports from their home or office. AutoPay is designed and built by MTA NSW for its members as a value added service option with full technical support and is the only payroll system that is endorsed by the Association.
- is an industry superannuation fund run only for the benefit of members in the motoring trades and allied industries. Low administration fees and award winning results means significant benefits to members. It is one of Australia’s fastest growing Superannuation Funds.
Green Stamp Assessment and Accreditation
is a national environmental program that is run in each state and territory through the relevant Motor Trade Association.
Green Stamp aims to ensure that businesses in the automotive industry have access to information and tools to help achieve environmental compliance and beyond. The program assists small to medium business in the automotive trades to incorporate processes and practices that avoid, reduce, reuse, recycle and dispose of waste in an environmentally sensitive manner.
MTA NSW lobbies State and Federal Government on behalf of members and the industry, on issues including taxation, legislative changes, vehicle repair standards, employment relations, environmental concerns, industry skills, training, and more.
MTA NSW Information Nights are conducted in both metropolitan and regional locations. These divisional specific sessions are designed to provide both members and their staff with the opportunities to stay ahead of legislative changes affecting the automotive industry generally, and to provide an update of specific topics affecting sectors of the industry.
Senior MTA NSW Divisional Managers present the information evenings, which are an excellent opportunity for members to ask one-on-one questions with subject matter experts on industry related issues and to support our members in their business activities. Through our partnership arrangement with organisations such as MTAA Super, Commonwealth Bank and Government Departments, presentations are also made to keep members up-to-date with changes that could affect their automotive business.
A bi-monthly online MTA NSW e-Journal keeps all members informed of the current issues and news occurring in the automotive industry. In addition, an online bi-monthly magazine is designed to inform all members of the latest news, interviews, products, information, reviews and technical information within the automotive industry.
Stationery and Signage
A wide range of automotive specific stationery, signages and consumables is available to suit members’ business needs.
Visit the online shop
for all your essential workshop items required to run your business professionally.
Training Apprentices and Trainees
MTA NSW has been operating as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), delivering training flexibility across NSW since 1996. MTA NSW has developed a strong and successful training model which has delivered many benefits to employers and learners in the automotive industry, both in NSW and the ACT.
delivers innovative and flexible, industry focused training and prides itself on producing quality outcomes. Our training is provided through the employment-based delivery mode, where training and assessment is conducted in the workplace using a blend of face-to-face training, technology and skill based resources.
Visit our dedicated training website www.mtatraining.com.au