Weekly Petrol Prices Report – Australian Institute of Petroleum 23rd June
AIP’s comprehensive weekly report on fuel prices assists in better
understanding the factors influencing retail prices in Australia.
Independently sourced data shows trends and the very close links between
the international and wholesale factors influencing Australian pump
prices. This important report provides timely, factual data you can use
to assess the numerous, often unsubstantiated, claims about fuel prices.
The latest edition of the AIP Weekly Petrol Prices Report is available from http://www.aip.com.au/pricing/weekly-petrol-prices-report-week-ending-23-June-2019 All data, charts and tables in this Report are based on the latest available market data to Sunday, 12 May. Reports from the previous four weeks are also available from the same link.
Fuel prices “At-a-Glance”, across all major fuels and international and domestic markets, is also available from http://www.aip.com.au/glance-current-fuel-prices
Key Highlights from Last Week
International Prices (A$ terms)
• Crude: the weekly average price for Tapis crude oil rose by 0.9 cents last week to 59.8 cents per litre
• Petrol: the weekly average price for MOPS95 Petrol was up by 0.8 cents last week to 61.1 cents per litre
• Diesel: the weekly average price for Diesel (Gasoil 10ppm sulfur) was up by 1.9 cents last week to 68.6 cents per litre
the national average wholesale (TGP) petrol price was up by 0.4 cents last week to 123.2 cents per litre
the national average wholesale (TGP) diesel price remained the same as last week at 130.6 cents per litre
• Petrol: the national average retail petrol price rose by 4.1 cents last week to 143.9 cents per litre
• Petrol: the national weekly average 'metropolitan' retail petrol price rose by 7.0 cents last week to 145.4 cents per litre
• Petrol: the national weekly average 'regional' retail petrol price fell by 1.9 cents last week to 140.8 cents per litre
• Diesel: the national average retail diesel price fell by 0.9 cents last week to 148.5 cents per litre
Other Pricing Information
A ‘Weekly Diesel Prices Report’ is available from the AIP website (http://www.aip.com.au/pricing/weekly-diesel-prices-report-week-ending-23-June-2019)
< Back to News
Also available are copies of AIP’s factsheets on petrol and diesel prices and the Australian fuel market (see http://www.aip.com.au/facts-about-prices)
AIP has now made available, for download, historical terminal gate price (TGP) data for Petrol and Diesel (see http://www.aip.com.au/historical-ulp-and-diesel-tgp-data)
For more detailed information and data on Australian wholesale and retail petrol prices, see www.aip.com.au/pricing
For more detailed information and data on International prices, see the latest edition of the International Energy Agency’s Oil Market Report at: http://omrpublic.iea.org/ (summary/highlights) or http://omrpublic.iea.org/currentissues/full.pdf (full report).
We hope you find this information valuable.